Tips for Selling Your Property Fast in Turkey
Selling a house in any country requires attention to detail. However, there are specific factors to consider for foreign homeowners in Turkey, such as language barriers, cultural differences, and unfamiliar regulations. Therefore, having a reliable guide is invaluable. This blog presents important information in an easy-to-follow structure to help you proceed confidently through each stage of the property selling process in Turkey.
- Make necessary repairs such as fixing leaking faucets, cracked tiles, peeling paint, etc., to prevent buyers from asking for price reductions.
- Consider renovations to modernize your home. Because this may involve rearranging the kitchen or bathroom, laying new flooring, updating lighting fixtures, etc.
- Focus renovation efforts on projects with the highest return on investment. Elements like kitchen and bathroom renovations tend to increase the value of the property.
2. Deep Cleaning
- Thoroughly brush and clean every room before showings, with extra attention to kitchens and bathrooms.
- Steam clean carpets and rugs. Replace them if excessively worn or damaged.
- Clean window panes, screens, lighting fixtures, baseboards, ventilation grilles, etc., to make the house shine.
- Eliminate odors and refresh with neutral, harmless scents.
- Clean up each room and store away excess furniture and décor. Buyers want to envision how their belongings will fit.
- Rearrange existing furniture to maximize space and create a pleasant flow in each room.
- Use neutral-colored bedding and décor to help buyers imagine their own style. Avoid bold prints or colors.
- Add green plants and fresh flowers to bring life and brightness to the space.
- Make small improvements like new cushions, welcome mats, curtains, etc., to freshen up the appearance of the house.
4. Seek Professional Help
Seeking assistance from professionals such as real estate agents and lawyers can significantly smooth the property selling process for foreign homeowners in Turkey.
Real Estate Agents:
- Assist in determining a fair price based on market data and property details, which is key to getting a good offer.
- Facilitate marketing of the property through listings, open houses, social media, and online platforms to reach qualified buyers.
- Screen potential buyers, arrange viewings, and facilitate negotiations.
- Manage paperwork and ensure the progress of the transaction.
- Provide knowledge about the Turkish real estate market and local dynamics.
- Review all documents such as title deeds, sales contracts, tax documents, and powers of attorney to ensure legal soundness.
- Provide advice on legal requirements throughout the process.
- Prepare or review the draft of the sales contract to protect the seller’s interests.
- Handle title transfer and closure procedures.
- Ensure that the seller fulfills obligations such as paying capital gains tax.
- Resolve any legal disputes that may arise.
Basicly, seeking this professional assistance, especially from local agents and lawyers, can prevent costly mistakes. Additionally, make the selling process smoother for foreign homeowners selling property in Turkey.
You can find all kinds of content about selling or renting properties on Emlaksat Blog. You can call us every day from 08503079363, send a WhatsApp message from our website. Also you can send an e-mail to our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like, we can also contact you if you fill out the contact form on our website.